Search This Blog

28 February 2017

Smoothie of the Day: Beets!



I love smoothies.  It is a great way to start the morning. Especially if you are like me and do not like to eat breakfast right when you get up or have a large meal first thing in the morning.

I love beets but do not like the hassle of peeling and cooking them.  On my last run to Costco, I found these organic roasted beets that are shelf stable.  
Not only are they pretty, but according to this Livestrong.com article, they are packed with nutrients, heart healthy, and may help prevent some chronic diseases.  What better way to start the morning than a boost like that?!





BEET SMOOTHIE
1/2 medium sized or one small precooked beet
1/4 avocado
1 hand full of baby spinach
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
enough walnut milk to get to the consistency and volume that you want, I use a bout 1 1/2 cups. 
optional:stevia or other sweetener to taste

Put all ingredients in a high speed blender and pulse until well blended,

No comments:

Post a Comment