Search This Blog

12 February 2017

Natural Cleaners

Now that I am a Domestic Goddess again,  I am trying to get caught up on cleaning.  I didn't realize until I started how dirty my house had become.  I have been using natural cleaners for years but have not always been happy with the results.


Thankfully I had just ordered the Thieves Essential Rewards Kit which includes the following:
  • Thieves essential oil blend, 15 ml
  • Thieves AromaBright Toothpaste, 4 oz.
  • Thieves Household Cleaner, 14.4 oz., 2 bottles
  • Thieves Mouthwash, 8 oz.
  • Thieves Foaming Hand Soap, 8 oz., 2 bottles
  • Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier, 1 oz., 2 bottles
  • Thieves Spray, 1 oz., 2 bottles



These are the cleaners I made yesterday:

Thieves surface cleaner:

In spray bottle:
1 cap full of Thieves cleaner
1 squirt of Bronner's Salsuds
10 drops of YL Citris Fresh 
10 Drops of YL Orange
20 Drops of YL Rosemary
Fill bottle 1/2 white vinegar and the rest with distilled water 
I use this on bathroom surfaces, my stove top, and my non-wood kitchen counters and as a spot cleaner on our hard surface floors (bamboo, cork, and Forbo Marmolium).

For the toilets:

1/2 cup of baking soda
1 cap full of Thieves Cleaner
2 cups of white vinegar 
10 drops of YL Citris Fresh or Orange

Glass cleaner:

1 14 oz glass spray bottle full of white vinegar 
10 drops of YL Lemon
10 drops of YL Orange
use newspaper instead of papertowel
This worked amazing!  The photo below is my husbands mirrored wardrobe which was covered in finger prints. I should have taken a before photo.  I also used this on the bathroom mirrors and on my window above my kitchen sink.  I worked beautifully to get all the splashes off. 




Wood cleaner:

I just squirted the wood with food safe mineral oil and about 5 drops of YL Orange Vitality (FDA approved for oral use, so safe for food areas)  

This stuff smells amazing, got all the gunk off my wood surfaces and conditions the wood.  I am going to try this on my bamboo and wood cutting boards!







Kitchen counter





















What natural cleaners do you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment