Search This Blog

27 February 2017

Music Mondays: Sources for new music.



I don't know about you but I am always searching for new music.  Music, for me,  is an integral part of my day.  It makes chores more enjoyable.  It makes car rides better. It lifts my mood, when I am feeling down.  It enriches our lives in so many ways.  Maybe that is why I married a musician!

One of my favorite sources for new music is NPR Music.  I discovered my favorite band, Elephant Revival, on there and am so thankful for that. I will write more on this incredible band later but here is their new music video for Petals

Another one of my NPR favorites is A Prairie Home Companion  (APHC) I have been listening to this radio variety show for years.  Last year Garrison Keeler, retired and they very talented Chris Thile (of The Punch Brothers and Nickle Creek) took his place.  This came with some great musical changes of guests that I feel are targeting a younger audience.  There have been so many great guests this season including, Regina Spektor, The Avett Brothers, Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, Jack White, Andrew Bird, The Shins, Jesca Hoop, to name a few.  AND,  one of my favorite things about the new APHC is that one of my favorite solo artists, Sarah Jarosz is on as a regular guest.  I discovered on PBS's Austin City Limits and finally was able to see her in concert this past summer at Interlochen in Michigan.  She didn't disappointment.

I am very sad to hear that #45 is starting the process to stop funding the National Endowment For The Arts.  I have used so many public sources to find new music.  While I give monthly to NPR and PBS, and I know many others do, I know they rely on the federal funds that they receive for most of their programing. Please consider donating here:  Donate NPR or PBS

What are some of your favorite sources for new music?

No comments:

Post a Comment