Search This Blog

23 May 2011

Cold Veggie Pizza and Sundried Tomato Dip/Spread: The 17 Day Diet


We went to a benefit this weekend for a friend that has cancer and I volunteered to make something.  These turned out wonderfully and are very delicious and healthy!!!

1/2 of a sheet of crust
For the crust:
6 cups of riced raw cauliflower
1 1/2 cup of egg whites
1 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast (you might have to go to a health food store for this)
3 cups of Kraft Fat Free Mozzarella
1 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan
1 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder
seasoning of choice I used basil and an Italian herb mix

To "rice" the cauliflower: I did this with my Cuisenart with a grating blade. I have read that you can use the "s" blade or hand grate with a cheese grater.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. On parchment paper lined 18"x26" baking sheet (I recommend this instead of spraying the pan because I tried that and it stuck!), press mixture flat  as thin as you can get it without having holes.  Sprinkle with herbs.

Bake crusts for 20 min and carefully turn over and bake for another 10-15 min


Sundried Tomato Spread/dip

1 32oz container of any brand of greek yogurt strained in cheese cloth overnight to make yogurt cheese
1 cup of oil packed sundried tomatos drained and blotted to get most of oil off
1/4 of basil paste


put all ingrediants into a food processor or blender until it looks like this:



This makes much more than you will need for the size crust I made but it makes an excellent spread for sandwiches or a dip for veggies!  Tastes like a creamcheese spread instead of yogurt.

To assemble the Veggie Pizza

I found cutting the crust with a pizza cutter first to be the easiest way.  I just approximately 2"x2" squares.  Spread each piece with the Sundried Tomato Spread and then top with your favorite toppings.  I did red onions, orange peppers, artichoke hearts and blanched asparagus tips.

3 comments:

  1. Terrific job with this site. We are new to the 17 day diet and glad we found this thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracie: I'm interested in making the spread but how much pesto did you use

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1/4 cup of the basil paste, you could use premade pesto also. :)

    ReplyDelete