Search This Blog

17 May 2011

Ball jars instead of plastic containers.



So over the past couple of years, I have been trying to get rid of the plastic containers we use, for environmental and health reasons (they leach chemicals).  I have a huge set of Pyrex that I like but don't love.  The tops do fit well and when you put liquids in them, they tend to leak when tipped. I have been doing so much prep cooking on the 17 Day Diet that I am running out of containers for refrigerator food storage.  So, I found myself in Meijer last night, looking at the Rubbermaid containers just kicking myself for even thinking of it.  Put them in my cart, walked away, felt so guilty that I went back and put them on the shelf.  As I turned around, the canning supplies caught me eye and I found these 500ml size Ball jars.  I bought these and a pack of ones that are 1/2 this size.  They are perfect!!  I don't know why I didn't think of this before.  I use the  larger ones to store beans, whole grains, flours, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment