Search This Blog

09 May 2011

Addicted to Cauliflower? Almost to Cyle 2: The 17 Day Diet!!!

Well I think we have become addicted to cauliflower.  I made more of the pizza crusts and we are using them for sandwiches.  I have made Mushroom Leek "Rice" (recipe below)  twice over the past 10 days and Saturday I made this recipe for Mock Garlic Mashed Potatoes I used low fat cream cheese and no butter and they were FAB-U-LOUS!!!  I have gone through 6 heads of cauliflower in the past 10 days.    My husband has lost 8lbs so far and I think I have around 6lbs (haven't weighed myself since last week).  This diet is easier than I thought it would be.  Thursday we start Cycle 2 which means even more recipes!!


Mushroom Leek "Rice"


1 12 oz package of fresh baby bella mushrooms, washed and sliced.
Slice two leeks up to (where the leaves separate) into 1/4 inche slices, put in a bowl of water and let soaks for a few minutes and then strain in a colender.
1 head of cauliflower grated into "rice"
2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup of chicken, beef or veggie broth

heat oil over medium heat.  Had leeks and saute until they start separating.  Add mushrooms and sautee until they start changing color.  Add cauliflower "rice" and broth.  Cover and let simmer for about 5 minutes.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment