Search This Blog

19 April 2011

Greek Yogurt Tuna salad--The 17 Day Diet



So my Aunt Laura is doing The 17 Day Diet and lost 26 lbs already.  My family is all abuzz about this and my mom, sister, sister-in-law, and brother-in-law are all doing it.  I jumped on the band-wagon and bought the Kindle version of the book.  It makes a lot of sense.  It is actually 4 cycles of 17days.  The 1st cycle is pretty much a detox to get you off sugar and bad carbs but surprisingly you can eat as much as you want of lean protein (fish and chicken) and veggies and 2 servings of probiotic (yogurts, miso, etc) and 2 serving of lower sugar fruits.  I plan on starting it as soon as I can get rid of the stuff I can't eat.  I decided to start making recipes that I will be able to eat during cycle 1 because I have to have flavor.  This is the first one.


Greek Yogurt Tuna Salad
1 7 oz can of tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
1 cup of plain Greek yogurt (I used FAGE)
1/4 cup of peas
1 stalk of celery sliced thin
1 green onion sliced thin
1-2 tbsp of dill weed
dash of garlic powder
1/2 tsp of kosher salt
1/2 tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil

mix everything together and let it sit in the fridge overnight. 

I had this in lettuce wraps for dinner last night and am having for lunch over a bed of greens today.  Flavor is much better today. 

I think you could also omit the celery, onion, and tuna and use this for a veggie dip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment