Search This Blog

08 April 2011

Chicken Chili Mac & Cheese


I made this last night and it is sooooo yummy!!!

Philadelphia Cream Cheese has these new Cooking Cremes that I have been experimenting with.  I used the plain one for this recipe but you could also use the Santa Fe one.  I love this pasta too!

I use Sazon whenever I make Mexican or Spanish dishes.





Chicken Chili Mac & Cheese
1 lb boneless chicken (I used thigh meat) cut into bite sized pieces
1 bunch of green onion chopped
1 packet of Sazón
1/4 to 1 tsp of chili powder
1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes with chilies
1/2 cup of chopped green pepper
1 cup of frozen corn
1/2 of water

1 16oz box of pasta.  I used Campanelle but elbow mac would work. (Cooked and drained)

1/2 stick of butter
1/2 cup milk separated into  1/4 cups
1/4 cup of flour
1 container of Philadelphia Cooking Creme-plain or Sante Fe
2 cups of shredded Cheddar or Mexican mixed cheese(Costco)

Brown chicken in olive oil with packet of Sazón

add 3/4 of green onion, all of green pepper, corn, can of tomatoes(including liquid)
add chili powder
heat until boiling and then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes

While chicken mix is simmering, melt butter over low heat in a non-stick pan, add flour and milk and cook for about 2-3 minutes stirring continuously, and Philadelphia Cooking Cream and stir, and cheese and 1/4 cup of milk, stir while melting.  It will be really thick.

When chicken is done, had cheese sauce and stir, then add pasta and stir until mixed.  Garnish with the rest of the green onions.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Wow this looks absolutely delicious. I will definitely be giving the recipe a try! Thanks so much for sharing! I am your newest follower.

    xo

    ReplyDelete