Search This Blog

29 June 2011

Fashionable without trying

I slept like absolute crud last night.  For those of you new to my blog, I had a hysterectomy due to endometriosis a few years ago.  Because of this I am on hormones and for some reason, they are off right now.  I must have had at least a dozen hot flashes last night.  So it is fan on and covers off and then I am freezing. So not much REM sleep for me or my poor husband  Which leads to the "fashionable without trying" part.  As I crawled out of bed, one eye open, after hitting snooze at least twice, I meandered over to my closet and grabbed the first thing that caught my eye.  It is a dress I hardly ever wear because I think it is too dressy for work.  Apparently, I was wrong because I have been getting compliments left and right.  This also surprises me because I came in with no make up, hair a mess, and minimally applied some and threw my hair in a bun in the bathroom at work.  One coworker stated I look like a flamenco dancer!  I am thinking, I need to change my morning routine and just go with the first thing that catches my eye every morning.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Tracie, I stumbled on your blog while looking for new recipes for the 17 Day Diet on the Doctors TV website, thanks for providing so many cool creative recipes and pics too! I wish I knew how/where to calculate the nutrition facts like in the chart you showed for the cheesecake, that really takes all the guessing out of cooking and would make it sooo much easier to know if what I am eating is REALLY low carb. Anyway this post caught my eye because you talked about hormones and a hysterectomy. In case you don't know..I feel its my mission to let as many people as possible know (because I work at a hormone replacement therapy doctor's office in Grand Rapids, Michigan) but anyway...long story short if you are on a synthetic hormone like Premarin or Prempro (look for words like conjugated, esterified, or synthesized in the label), switch to a NATURAL hormone. Synthetic hormones often prescribed after a hyst. are known not only for NOT working (i.e. hot flashes and not sleeping) but they are also linked BIG TIME to breast cancer and also to weight gain. You can google it and there is tons of info online..but if you're taking a synthetic HRT (could be a pill, patch, cream, shot, etc.), make sure its BIOIDENTICAL hormones and NOT synthetic...the man-made stuff (it actually is estrogen that comes from horses) has been proven to cause breast cancer and yet is STILL on the market, but fewer doctors prescribe it than before. Lots who were on it or who died from it sued the drug company (Wyeth) for their suffering. Anyway too many post-hysterectomy women still are not being told by their doctors about this, hope you will help spread the word! And good luck on your diet, I am jealous I'm only down 12 pounds, not as many as you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the information. I am on BHRT that I have compounded specifically for me through Keystone. I use myfitnesspal.com for the recipe nutritional value. I will add that today!!

    ReplyDelete