Search This Blog

01 July 2011

Summer time!

I feel really blessed this week. I not only had a beautiful bike ride on Wednesday with my two best friends but we had perfect weather.  It was sunny but not hot.  We rode the Musketawa Trail from Marne to Conklin.  You can smell flowers, hear birds, and see rabbits and deer along the trail which is an old railroad route that is paved. Not only is it a very picturesque trail, but it leads to the best Irish Pub in Michigan, Fenian's Irish Pub.  On Wednesday nights, a bunch of local musicians come to the pub and bless the patrons with beautiful Irish folk music.  They even do sing-a-longs.  You can get Irish beer, whiskey and hard cider and they have incredible burgers (beef and salmon).

My bike!




Jen

Add caption
The Queen
Abandoned House on the trail. 

Here are a couple from the same ride in 2009.
Group ride 2009.

Me and my bicycle.


Last night I made this wonderful salad,  I took chicken and cut it into nugget sizes, dipped in egg whites and then a mix of Parmesan, garlic powder, panko bread crumbs, Italian seasonings, and red pepper and fried in two tbsp of EVOO on a cast iron skittle with greens and radishes from our CSA, marinated artichoke hearts, blanch local asparagus and tomatoes.  Delish!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment