Search This Blog

04 February 2011

Friday Favorites-- i.d. Bare Minerals

I have a friend, Kirsten, who is beautiful.  I have always admired her skin.  One day I was at her house and noticed an i.d. Bare Minerals container on her bathroom counter.  Of course, I had seen the many infomercials, but being skeptical of purchasing anything on TV, I had been afraid to try it.  When Ulta open in Grand Rapids, I discovered they carried it and thought I would give it a shot.  That was about 3 years ago and I will never use another foundation or powder again.  My favorites are: Bisque, Summer Bisque, Faux Tan (awesome bronzer), and of course the original Mineral Veil.  I also like Bare Radiance and some of the other all over colors. 

I use the bisques with the maximum coverage brush as a cover up and it works better then any I have tried.  It doesn't look cakey either.  I do not like their "foundation" as I do find this to be too heavy for me.  But the rest of this line always looks natural and you can even sleep with it on.  I have acne prone skin and this make-up doesn't clog your pores and is actually good for your skin.  Even though it is pricey, it is worth it.  You have to use very little product and I don't think I have even consistently stuck with the same make-up for as long as I have with this. 


I recommend the starter kit.  It is a huge discount compared to purchasing everything separate.  It does come with the foundation but even if you don't like that, it is still a deal.    Ulta even has a small try it kit (pictured above) right now for $20.00! http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod2980097

No comments:

Post a Comment