Search This Blog

23 April 2009

Tofu Balls

I made this receipe up last week. It was my 1st attempt at a vegan receipe like this and they are very yummy.
1 package Nasoya Extra Firm Organic Tofu
1/2 walnuts
1/2 irish steel cut oatmeal
4 sundried tomatosminced garlic (to taste, I used about 2 tbsp)
1 can of lentils drained and rinsed
seasoning--I used a Italian Tuscan seasoning from costco
put walnuts and oatmeal in food processor or spice grinder and process until minced
put all ingredients in a bowl except garlic and sundried tomatos--put those in food processor and process into paste and then add to bowl
you may also want to add 1 egg or egg substitute as a bindermash with a hand held potato masher until well blended.
Form into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet sprayed with olive oil.
Bake for 40-50 minutes until well browned turning every 10 minutes. I also sprayed with olive oil I when I turned them. I made these a day ahead and then served them with rice and a cheese sauce. I also plan on trying them with spaghetti.

No comments:

Post a Comment