Search This Blog

03 March 2017

Friday Favorites: Dr Bonner's Castile Hemp Soaps




I try to only use natural cleaning supplies because who wants all that nasty chemical exposure!  Dr. Bonner's is one of my favorites because it is so versatile. Their bottles state there are 38 different ways to use it! Click here to see their whole line of products: drbonner.com

 Here are some of the ways we use it in our home:

Shampoo and Body Wash
We love camping.  We are also very concerned about our environment.  Most of the camping we do is very rustic, with no showers.  Since we usually camp for a week or more at a time, we end up bathing in a lake.  Dr. Bronner's is eco-friendly so I do not feel bad about doing this. We use it straight from the bottle as shampoo and body wash.  I usually buy Lavender for this purpose.  It is not shown here as I am out.

Foaming Hand Soap
In a foam soap dispenser, I add one squirt of the Peppermint or Orange Dr. Bronner's, 30 drops of Young Living Thieves Essential Oil, and fill the rest with water.

Washing Dishing
We also use this when camping to wash our dishes.  It doesn't foam up much but that doesn't equate to cleaning power!  I just starting using the SalSuds and it does foam.  So, I will be trying that for dishes this camping season.

Household Cleaning 
Toilets 
To clean my toilets I just do one squirt of the orange Dr. Bronner's, one capful of Young Living Thieves cleaner, a cup of baking soda, and about two cups of white vinegar.  I let this sit for a couple of hours, come back and scrub with toilet brush and flush.

Laundry
I use soap nuts in the washer which for normal wash is fine. (I will post about that in the future) If I need extra cleaning power, like for stinky workout clothes, I just add a squirt of the Sal Suds.

Spray Surface Cleaner
In a spray bottle, I add a squirt of Peppermint Dr. Bronner's, about 30 drops of Young Living Thieves essential oil, about 30 drops of  Young Living Lemon or Orange essential oils. Then I fill 1/3 of the bottle with white vinegar and the rest with water.


What are your favorite eco-friendly cleaners?


No comments:

Post a Comment