Search This Blog

28 January 2013

Upcycling for the holidays: Candy Cane Hearts


I had bought a bunch of candy canes right before Christmas and they did not get eaten.  Since I have started the 17 Day Diet again,  I cannot have them.  I did a search and found that you can melt them into hearts.  I cannot find the original post but it is so easy.  

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Lay candy canes on paper in the shape of a heart.  They melt fast so you will have to watch.  These took about 4 minutes to flatten.

Some of the canes were broken so we placed them on the baking sheet, placed a dish towel over them, and whacked them with a hammer.  I then shaped them into this heart.  

After about 6 minutes it was fully melted.  Very quickly, using a chop stick,  I gently traced the heart patterns and shaped the side a little.  It starts to cool and set up very fast.  


 This is the finished product.  Fun, easy, and candy is out of my house!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment