Search This Blog

08 January 2013

Back on The 17 Day Diet

Well, my husband and I were bad all summer on through the holidays are paying for it, big time.  We both put back on all of the weight we lost when we did The 17 Day Diet over a year ago.  We started back up a couple of days ago and I am down one pound already.  I forgot how good the food really can be.  I made a yummy chicken soup the first day and chicken salad yesterday.  I also made a big batch of the cauliflower bread for pizzas and sandwiches.  I am really craving Eggplant Parmesan from the book but couldn't find any good ones at the grocery store.   I also made veggie dip out of Kraft Fat Free Mayo and Meijer Fat Free Sour Cream and a packet of dry Ranch dip mix.

 My neighbor, Phoebe, called me this morning and told me that her and her husband are trying it out too.  Good luck, it is easier than it sounds!

I just bought all this:

Asparagus
Brussels Spouts
Kale (for kale chips...so yummy)
arugula
romaine lettuce
cabbage
cauliflower (for mock rice and bread)
carrots
Cucumbers
Leeks
Green Onions
White Onions
93% lean ground turkey
skinless chickenbreast



I am going to make Thai  Lettuce Wraps with ground turkey for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment