Search This Blog

12 April 2013

Book Review: Moms Who Drink And Swear

I have been following the Facebook page Moms Who Drink And Swear for awhile now and when Nicole Knepper released her book by the same title, I bought the Kindle version.

Let me start right off by saying that if you don't drink or swear or have children, then this book is not for you.  If you do, BUY IT!, poor yourself a drink, lock yourself in your room so your rugrats can't bother you and prepare to laugh your arse off.  I loved this book for it brashness, honesty, and the fact that it made me feel not so alone.  There are times when you say things in your head that you would never say out loud for fear of being judge.  Nicole says them.  She is also a child of the 70s so I can totally relate to a lot of her slang and references.  I also learned a whole bunch of super special fun-time words like "crotchfruit"  (fruit of your loins).

The book is filled with chapters such as; "Sex, Lies, and Fundip",  "F*ck you, Dinner, Make Yourself", and "The Lice Letter".  Throw in some conversations with her children and let the hilarity ensue.

The book is witty, funny, and full of cuss words, poop talk, and drinking references.  By the way, Nicole has masters degree in professional counseling so there is wisdom in it also.  The book was so good I didn't want it to end.  Thankfully, she also rights a blog for chicagonow.com.

Poor yourself a glass of vino and  f*cking BUY IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment