Search This Blog

09 August 2012

Chocolate Balsamic Cherries

Saugatuck, Michigan is one of my favorite lake-shore towns. I am fortunate enough that one of my best friends lives not to far from there and is kind enough to host, what is becoming an annual, girls weekend.  This involves a lot of relaxing, beach, great food, and of course shopping in downtown Saugatuck.   My favorite stores are Spice Merchants (where I actually found Chevril!), The Butler Pantry (cute aprons and any kitchen gadget you can dream of), and The Olive Mill.  At The Olive Mill, I found the most amazing smelling and tasting Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar.

When I got home, I had some Michigan sweet cherries that were on the verge of turning and I wasn't sure what to do with them. I found this recipe on  nomnivorous.com and adjusted it by using the 3 tbsp of the Chocolate Balsamic that I bought.


I let them sit in the refrigerator for a couple of days.  This morning I was getting my plain fat free yogurt out for breakfast and decided to try the cherries.  One of my favorite treats are chocolate covered cherries, thanks to my father who also loves them!  The aroma when I opened these made my mouth water.  They are sweet but not overly and have a fabulous chocolate aftertaste.  I am heading to the farmer's market this afternoon and will be making a big batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment