Search This Blog

12 March 2012

Eggs baked in muffin tins and an Eggs Benedict Alternative

I love Pinterest and found that you can baked eggs in muffin tins on there.  It is so easy to do.  You can use either cooked bacon, slices of ham, or opt for no meat.  I chose ham.  

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  I have a 6 muffin tin which I sprayed with olive oil.  I lined each one with two pieces of lean ham.  Crack an eggs into each.  Baked for 15 minutes and then sprinkle with cheese if you would like and return to the oven until the tops are set.  If you like yours eggs yolks runny, this might not be the best option.  I took them out as soon as they whites on the top were set and the yolks had also set.
  I did these for my daughter with cheddar.



I love Eggs Benedict but Hollendaise sauce is so high calorie.  As an alternative I made these.  When I baked the eggs, I sprinkled with thyme and did not add cheese.  I toasted 100 calorie light English muffins, put them on a plate cut side up, line with spinach, plave backed egg and ham on top and then drizzle with 1/4 cup of warm Classico brand light Creamy Alfredo per plate.  This recipe ends up being less than 400 calories total.

4 slices of Kirkland lean ham = 70 calories
1 English Muffin = 100 Calories
Spinach= less than 5 calories
2 organic brown eggs = 140 calories
Classico Light Creamy Alfredo Sauce= 60 Calories
Total= 375 Calories!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment