Search This Blog

11 March 2011

Friday Favorites: Red, Red, Red Wine and Chocholate

I didn't used to be a red wine drinker.  My friend, Jeff Karp, turned me on to them in my mid-twenties.  He taught me that if you pair the right food with reds, they are wonderful.  Through the years I moved on from Merlots and Cabs to Pino Noir and my new favorite, Pinotage.

A couple of months ago, I had a ladies night with 3 of my girlfriends.  We went to Bar Divani,.  They have a wonderful selection of wines and you can get a tastings flight for a reasonable price.  One of the wines I tasted was Barista.  It is a Pinotage from South Africa and has an amazing chocolate, coffee, cherry aroma and finish.  I liked it so much I bought a bottle to go for $15.99.  I haven't been able to find it anywhere else in GR, so if you see it elsewhere, please let me know!! 

My favorite varietal is Pino Noir.  I can always find a cheap bottle and have only had a few that I did not like.  My favorite is LaCrema.  I have found it at World Market, Costco, and Meijer.  It is usually around $20.00 a bottle.  This  is a great wine to pair with chocolate.




I am a sucker for dark chocolate.  I love to buy it from World Market because they have their own line of them and also carry numerous other brands.  I love their Sea Salt one.


I also love this one with Bacon.  I know it sounds gross, but the combination of  saltiness and sweetness is amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment